betty/seuss: (noun) a combination of the 1920's cultural icon, all-American baker Betty Crocker and the American writer-poet-cartoonist, known for his children's books and creative genius, Dr. Seuss!

9.29.2011

home again, home again JIGGITY JIG

growing up, my mom and i spent a LOT of time in the library. mother implanted within my little heart a deep LOVE of literature and picture books. at a very young age i remember wandering through the tall aisles of books, snatching story after story off the shelf and running off to a corner where my mom would read to me, and eventually where i could read myself! i loved the fantastic stories and the beautiful pictures, i loved reading of the impossible and the dream-worthy, the characters that seem to conquer all trouble! i fell in LOVE with books! i think my parents planned it that way though, because when i was LITTLE little little, maybe three, my parents helped me memorize the nursery rhymes! they'd say, "jane, how about humpty dumpty?" and i'd get that grin on my face, the one that says, "watch me! i'm about to impress you!" and i'd ramble off the nursery rhymes! sadly, now i can't remember which nursery rhyme "home again, home again, jiggity jig" comes from, but it's a statement that's stuck with me! i'm going to DANCE my way, back to my home! :) it's a lovely thought, don't you think?
:) see you soon family  

2 comments:

Becky Pitcher said...

To market, to market to buy a fat pig!
Also, I found your blog today and think it's adorable.
(I'm Dillion's cousin, in case you don't remember me.)

jane kennedy winspear said...

OF COURSE I REMEMBER YOU! haha we secretly stocked you through your pregnancy! cause we're pretty sure that it's in our cards to have twins as well... SO we should just be best friends you and i! haha thanks for checking out my words :)