betty/seuss: (noun) a combination of the 1920's cultural icon, all-American baker Betty Crocker and the American writer-poet-cartoonist, known for his children's books and creative genius, Dr. Seuss!

10.06.2011

hello goodbye autumn

a week ago I attended the general conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and as I was standing around in Salt Lake City, waiting to get into the building, I thought to myself, "MAN OH MAN it's hot out here!" It was BLAZING like a furnace/oven/cocoa/FLAMBE! I was literally sweating (ew... that's kind of gross... don't judge!) ANYWAY i was hot, but i was also admiring all the LOVELY, BEAUTIFUL, GLORIOUS orange and red and golden leaves. i was so pleased to see color that is only around at this time of year! 

a week later, here i am back in rexburg idaho and we've had LOVELY, BEAUTIFUL, GLORIOUS rain! i am in love with the smell and the sight and the sound of rain. it is ULTRA relaxing and comforting to me! needless to say, i've enjoyed the last couple of days1 it's just begun to feel like my favorite time of year, autumn! :)

here it is, TODAY, not even a week since i was melting in salt lake city and WHAT?! we just had our first snow fall!!!! SNOW! IN OCTOBER! SAY WHAAAAT!? welcome to my life! i saw snow and literally thought i was in a nightmare! i love the snow, don't get me wrong, but i do NOT love the snow in early october! i suppose it will have to grow on me though! i'll just start singing "it's beginning to look a lot like christmas" a little bit earlier this year :) 
i'm grateful for weather, i'm thankful for hot and cold, i love the summer, i love the fall, and i... love the winter! OPTIMISM WILL GET ME THROUGH :) bring it on sky! let it fall! turn my nightmare into a winter-wonderland dream come true!  

No comments: